16 Aug Building a winning team in Portland
Building a winning team is one of the biggest challenges business leaders face. Today, many businesses in the country are going through hiring pains. Recently, you may have seen a number of news articles that talk about the “great resignation”, which is happening in many industries, most notably services businesses. Our company is aware of this trend even as we look to hire for open positions.
Building a winning team with the right candidate
However, even in this tough hiring environment, we are thoughtful about the talent we bring on board. We prefer candidates who can wear many hats. For example, our route drivers not only deliver the merchandise to customers but also stock the micro-markets. These are two different skill sets a candidate must possess. Furthermore, the candidate we seek must be able eager to learn. They should enjoy working in an environment where the schedule and scope of work can change daily. The candidate should be tech-savvy because our team utilizes several different programs within the company. Above, all, the candidate must be passionate about providing best-in-class customer service. Bottom line 一 the candidate should look to improve customer service, processes, and our services no matter what level they are in the organization.
Traits we look for in a star candidate
Here are some of the traits we consider when we evaluate candidates for a job:
- Dependable: Comes to the job interview prepared to share how they would tackle the role
- Good communicator: Effectively communicates with colleagues, customers, or partners
- Positive attitude: Creates a vibrant and productive work environment
- Adaptable: Able to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Confident: Confidence in their own abilities and skills
- Team player: Comfortable working with different personalities
- Entrepreneurial: As a small business, the entrepreneurial spirit is crucial to our success.
- Strong work ethic: Sets high goals and is motivated to accomplish them
Building a winning team will have a positive effect on our Portland refreshment services
The right candidate will play a vital role in the success of our refreshment solutions:
- Micro-markets: Cafe within the break room. Offers a wide variety of foods, snacks, and beverages. Open 24/7 so employees can enjoy refreshments no matter which shifts they work.
- Office Coffee: Bring the coffee shop experience to the break room with traditional, single-cup, and bean-to-cup coffee brewers, as well as premium and gourmet brands of coffee and tea
- Office Pantry: Convenient grab-and-go refreshments in the break room paid for by the business
- Vending: State-of-the-art food, snack, and beverage vending machines. Pay for products using a credit card, mobile wallet, or cash
Our Portland team is our family
To sum up, yes, we face hiring challenges. However, we are still careful about whom we invite into our Portland team. As a small family-owned business, everyone we hire becomes part of our Royal ReFresh family and is crucial to the success of our business.
For more information about our break room services, including micro-markets, office coffee services, vending, or national vending, please contact Royal ReFresh at (503) 704-9759 or email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.